1. State of the art, project management and documentation#
A part of the first week assignment was to build a personal site describing us, our portfolio and motivation of attending the Fabricademy.
Using Fiore’s tutorial we edit the template given to us.
Here is shown the process that I used for creating my Fabricademy website, starting form Fiore Basile template.
I also change my index adding some cute icons of my passion. I draw the icons in illustrator than
Than Wendy suggest The noun project
Motivation of attending#
Fashion always had the power to bring changes in the society.In relation to the contemporary environmental context, the textile and clothing industry need to explore, develop and implement innovative systems that are increasingly directed towards sustainability.
What I want to achieve with Fabric Academy is being part of the fashion revolution. Thanks to know knowledge, I will take action in reaching a new sustainable approach in fashion production.
I don’t know if my final project is going to be a reasarch or a prodouct.
Here is shown some inspiration photos of topics I would like to explore during this months.
Bio dyeing and vegetables’ use
Michel Trama, Cristallines, 2011 | Angelique van der Valkv, Vegetable and abstract | 23é limited edition, capsule collection Hats and jewelry in straw and onion plumage
Laura Luchtman & Ilfa Siebenhaar, Living Colour, textile dyed with bacteria | natural dying textile | natural dying textile
Alexander Wang spring 2013 | Tactility Factory | Lucy Simpson, Silicone texture
Textile Embossing | Andrea Mandrescu | 3D printed leather stamps
Emboidering and creating 3D printed/lasercutted embellishments
Zeitguised, Textile pattern digital prints | Sustainable Sequin Company | Yue Wei, Exagonal Bag
Embroidery on laser cutted latex | Sonia BäumelCrocheted membrane | holey brace platform
Laser cutted texture
Laser cutted Burberry trench | Laser cutted pied de poule texture | Alina Brane Katarsis collection
Laser cutted textile mixed/wowen with others
Alexander Wang x Balenciaga | Wool and laser cutted textile | Cristian Dior Spring 2014
- Fast Revolution
- Bioplatics: cook book
- What will Mycelium in the Textile Industry be like in 5 years?
- Angelique van der Valk
- Material Driven
- Solving the Cashmere Crisis.How do fashion businesses respond when a raw material that they depend upon is under threat?
- Sustainability map
- Materials Innovation Lab
- Catalytic Clothing :clothing and textiles can be used as a catalytic surface to purify air
- Fashioned from Nature: the exhibition that explore the complex relationship between fashion and nature from 1600 to the present day
- How can the fashion sector mobilize and help fight climate change on a global scale?
- Fashion and Sustainability: Understanding Luxury Fashion in a Changing World(Online course)
Plissé workshop September 29th#
Ambacht in Beeld Festival, 29 & 30 september 2018, De Hallen Amsterdam On the 29th of September I went to a Plissé workshop. It was very interesting and fun.