11. Mar 18th-24th: Improvements and trying to get everything finished#
This week didn’t start off particularly well ◔ᴗ◔
I was home in Dublin for a few days to help out with a family thing, and although I got work done while I was there…most of the work was full of mistakes. But that’s ok - things can always be remade!
I didn’t do a whole lot of process documenting this week as I was in full-blown panic mode and trying to get everything finished. What I did end up making is properly documented in my final documentation, so instead here’s what I learned in this week:
- With e-textiles, always test as you go along.
- When in doubt, get the multimeter out (and use it to find short circuits and dodgy connections)
- With these kinds of analog synth circuits, a drained battery is the No. 1 reason why it suddenly doesn’t work properly.
- Although I always plan for things to take longer than I expect, I need to add in more buffer time and stick to my deadlines, because working under intense pressure right at the end of a project isn’t fun.
- Watching YouTube clips of English panel comedy shows kept me calm while doing lots and lots of stitching, but I never before realised just how many of those kinds of shows there are (so many).