Hi! My name is Stephanie Zopf. I am an engineer with research experience in textiles, materials science and electronics. Currently, I am Ambassador for the Boston Chapter of Women of Wearables. I am also a certified Pilates instructor, as I love helping others achieve mind/body connection to help them move better.
I've lived in the USA all my life - New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and California. I'm classically trained as a Chemical Engineer (BS at Columbia University; MS at Tufts University), and have always infused art and design in my approach to understanding the world.
I have many, but only two for this program :)
- One would be to design and make a wearable that can help others in getting more feedback in how they move their bodies.
- Another would be to research and design a textile component that exploits the properties of a material in an unconventional way.
My previous work can be found on my website, www.stephaniefzopf.com:
- Week 1 - Project management & documentation
- Week 2 - Digital bodies
- Week 3 - Circular open source fashion
- Week 4 - Biofabricating dyes and materials
- Week 5 - E-textiles and wearables I
- Week 6 - Computation couture
- Week 7 - Textile as a scaffold
- Week 8 - Open source hardware: from fibers to fabric
- Week 9 - E-textiles and wearables II
- Week 10 - Implications and applications
- Week 11 - Soft robotics
- Week 12 - Skin electronics
- Link to final project