13. Skin Electronics¶
This week was about exploring Skin electronics.
Lecture Skin Electronics by Katia Vega :
INSPIRATION AND RESEARCH¶
Beauty technology : "Transform traditional to interactiv cosmetics in order to use the skin as an interface".
- My biggest fear is to end up like this...
that’s why I can be perplexe about electronics ahaha!
- I’m super happy to see that electronics can be so usefull... really magical those developments!
- KINISI _ beautiful way to create an art performance
- CARNAVAL MASKS : It must be so exciting for kids party and Halloween!!
- TECHNAILS : I will love to try!!! So cool
- Tutorial Attiny Part 1 : in this tuto, Emma explained us how to use an AT tiny.
Description of the beast
How to use an AT tiny :
- Tutorial Attiny Part 2 : in this tuto, Emma explained capacitive sensors
Conductive Fabric Capacitive Sensor Wheel :
Very cool references in Jessica Stanley page :)
- Tutorial Attiny Part 3
TouchMe device --> you can buy it here
people with hands or just you
others objects that can conduct electricity
connect Touch me device to the computer (or tablet and phone) thanks to a cable
use Google Chrome to open synth.playtronica and choose any synth you like
touch both ends of TouchMe to play
you can use TouchMe device and/or add objects that can conduct electricity
with a friend : each of you should touch one end of Touchme and touch on each other skin
let's dance !
As the area of touch and intensity changes, the sound changes too
No noticeable latency, TouchMe reacts just as any other midi controller
TouchMe is safe, but don’t use it you have a pacemaker.
Play alone or with your friends!
SOUND ON : this is an example of the created sound on a synth.
Let's "touch us"!
Here are some examples from customers
- tutorial 1 : Arduino and Power Loads by Emma Pareschi
- tutorial 2 : Arduino (coming soon)
- Recitation with Filippo Nassetti - Postnatural Design
- MATRIX: WOVEN (NON-STRETCH)
- PRESSURE MATRIX CODE + CIRCUIT