| VI. - APPLICATIONS |¶
| METHODS |¶
- Digital fabrication
- Textile impregnation
- Electrospinning Machine 30kV
- Electrospinning for nanofibers production, 2016
- DIY Polymer Melt Electrospinning with Hot Glue
Keratin is a useful product in the medical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and biotechnological industry. Materials obtained from keratin may be converted into porous foam of different sponges, shapes, coatings, mats, microfibers, gels, and materials of high molecular weight. Keratin biomaterial is applied in the development of wound healing gels, tissue engineering, drug delivery, trauma and medical devices, biomedical, and cosmetic applications. One of the impending applications of purified keratin is to produce biomaterials in regeneration and tissue repair
- Keratin Hydrogels - bone tissue engineering, ocular regeneration, wound healing, nerve regeneration and skin replacement.
- Keratin films or cell cultivation scaffolds
- 3D composite scaffolds
When the partially oxidized keratin is added into water, it forms the hydrogel which can be used as an absorbent material, as a therapeutic for skin. The hydrogel can be used for the implantation. The
Keratin with high molecular weight is mostly used for skin care applications due to its individuality like film forming and hydrophilic. Keratin film or coating on skin provides smooth and soft sensation.